Thursday marked the ninth year that the religious community of Enumclaw gathered for National Day of Prayer, the mission of which is described by national organizers as "to mobilize prayer in America and to encourage personal repentance and righteousness in the culture."
This year, various members of both the civic and religious community came together to pray for the wellbeing of the community. They included:
- Bruce Thweatt of Enumclaw Community Church
- Peter Little, Community Presbyterian Church, Buckley
- Britt Nelson, director of Plateau Outreach Ministries
- Glori Schneider, chaplain at St. Elizabeth Hospital
- Gary Hemminger, director of Enumclaw Youth and Family Services
- Mike Nelson, superintendent in the Enumclaw School District
- Joe Clow, fire chief of Enumclaw Fire/KCFD #28
- Fred Davis, Calvary Presbyterian Church
Click the video to the right for some sights and sounds from the gathering.