It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Enumclaw Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time.
- Where/When: on Friday, June 1 and Saturday, June 2
- Why Go: The event is held by the Exhibitors Association, a group of manufacturers, vendors, artists, and teachers who bring the world of ceramic fired arts to many locations across the United States. Have an interest in ceramics? As their website says, "you'll have more fun and learn more for less at an Exhibitors Association Ceramic and Doll Show!"
- Pricing: See website for details
- Where/When: 5814 152nd Avenue Ct. E. Ste. 104 in Sumner with shows at 7 p.m. on Friday, June 1 and Saturday, June 2 and 2 p.m. on Sunday, June 3
- Why Go: Nunsense the musical begins when the Little Sisters of Hoboken discover that their cook, Sister Julia, Child of God, has accidentally poisoned 52 of the sisters, and they are in dire need of funds for the burials. The sisters decide that the best way to raise the money is to put on a variety show, so they take over the school auditorium, which is currently set up for the eighth grade production of "Grease." Featuring star turns, tap and ballet dancing, an audience quiz, and comic surprises, this show has become an international phenomenon.
- Pricing: $10 (See website for details)
- Where/When: on Saturday, June 2 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Why Go: The Plateau Running Club presents this race - with varied distances suitable for different ages - that pits schools in the Enumclaw School District against one another in a bid to have the most runners taking part; the winning school receives a donation to its PE program for new equipment. Plus the course is flat!
- Pricing: Online registration has ended but day-of registration is still possible: K-5: $20; Pre-K and Special Needs: $17; Open 3000: $30 (See website for details)
- Where/When: on Sunday, June 3 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Why Go: Brandon Duprie, 21, of Enumclaw was killed in an accident in April; he was not wearing a seat belt. To remember Duprie and to raise awareness of the importance of wearing seatbelts, a local family of sisters have organized this car wash with all proceeds going to support Duprie's family.
- Pricing: $5 per vehicle
- Where/When: Chase Garden (16015 264th St. E, Orting) on Sunday, June 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Embark on this tour, which includes two private gardens as well, and support the Garden Conservancy and the Friends of the Chase Garden. Highlights include raised sand beds home to a wide range of alpine plants, unusual plants sold in a nursery setting, a large woodland garden, a wildflower carpeted forest of native trees, a Japanese-inspired garden including a reflecting pool and moss-covered boulders, and spectacular views of Mount Rainier.
- Pricing: $5 per garden (See website for details)
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.