It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Enumclaw Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time.
Editor's Note: The Outdoor Recreation and Sportsman Expo has been postponed until next year.
- Where/When: Downtown Puyallup Friday, June 15 from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday, June 16 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday, June 17 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Billed as the largest street festival in Pierce County, Meeker Days features four stages, two food courts, a KidZone with inflatable rides, a TeenZone with skatepark, lounge and zipliner, beer garden, wine garden and the Farmer's Market.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Puyallup Fairgrounds Friday, June 15 and Saturday, June 16
- Why Go: OK, so school doesn't necessarily fall into the weekend fun category but there's lots to learn if you're interested in home-based education. Plus Chess4Life, Wolf Camp and Boy Scouts of America representatives will be on hand for an assortment of family-friendly activities.
- Pricing: $20 per day general admission (more details)
- Where/When: Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Seven days a week through Labor Day at the LeMay Car Museum (2702 East D Street in Tacoma)
- Why Go: If you're hankering for the new-museum smell -- sort of like that new-car smell -- LeMay might just do it for you as it just opened in early June! The museum aims to celebrate America's love affair with the automobile and is set to house up to 350 cars, trucks and motorcycles from private owners, corporations and the LeMay collection, which amassed a Guinness Book record of more than 3,500 vehicles in the mid 90s.
- Pricing: $14 General Admission (more details)
- Where/When: Broadway Performance Hall (1625 Broadway in Seattle) at 7 p.m. on Friday, June 15, Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17; additional 2 p.m. show on Sunday, June 17
- Why Go: Seussical brings to life all of our favorite Dr. Seuss characters, including Horton the Elephant, The Cat in the Hat, Gertrude McFuzz, lazy Mayzie, and a little boy with a big imagination, Jojo. Journey with the youthful cast of Broadway Bound though the colorful characters as they transport you from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus to the invisible world of the Whos.
- Pricing: $17.50
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.