There were enough splashes of pink in the Rainier Room at St. Elizabeth Hospital Thursday to make men go weak at the knees, but it was all in the interest of promoting breast cancer awareness this month and raising funds to provide mammograms to low-income women in the community.
This year's Bras for the Cause bra-decoration contest drew a dozen entries and a panel of celebrity judges including Enumclaw Mayor Liz Reynolds, Schools Superintendent Mike Nelson and Enumclaw attorney and community organizer Trip Hart had the difficult task of narrowing it down to three winners:
- 1st Place: Living in the Claw (Patient Access/St. Elizabeth Hospital)
- 2nd Place: Saving Second Base (Debbie & Jessica Adams)
- 3rd Place: The Hills Are Alive (Samantha Rheinford)
Participants were also able to cast their votes for a People's Choice award:
- People's Choice: Wings of Hope (Trina Huebler)
The event was sponsored by Enumclaw Senior Activity Center/City of Enumclaw, St. Elizabeth Hospital and Highpoint Village.
- Think Pink: Breast Cancer Awareness Events in Enumclaw
- Where to get a Breast Examination in or Near Enumclaw
- Share Your Story with Patch
Patch Topics Page: Breast Cancer Awareness