It is finally spring and though our easiest access to Mount Rainier National Park through State Route 410 is not yet open, there is plenty to do in the area now, according Visit Rainier, an organization that promotes tourism in the gateway communities around Mount Rainier.
Here are some last-minute spring break deals and plenty ideas for Easter week.
Easter Weekend at Alta Crystal Resort, Crystal Mountain
- Friday night, kick off the weekend with cupcake decorating and a crafts party.
- Saturday afternoon, after skiing, it's the annual Easter egg hunt with prizes for everyone.
- Saturday evening, it's the 15th annual Easter bonfire, complete with s'mores, hot chocolate, beer & wine and Peeps™ to roast!
- Sunday morning brings Crystal Mountain's Easter Sunrise Service. This is one of those experiences guests will be talking about for the rest of their lives. Ride up the Mt. Rainier Gondola before the sunrise. The service will start just as the sun rises over East Peak. Incredible! (If that seems too early, the Mt. Rainier Gondola will be open all day for scenic rides and lunch at the Summit House.)
Rates start at just $199.99, plus tax, per night. For more information: http://www.altacrystalresort.com/specials/easter-weekend-events-specials/
Easter Brunch at the Alpine Inn, Crystal Mountain
Celebrate this Easter with family and friends at the Alpine Inn at the base of Crystal Mountain. Brunch will feature cheese blintz with lingonberry sauce, eggs Florentine, chicken apple sausage, scrambled eggs, carved prime rib, assorted deserts and much more.
- Time: 7:30am - Noon
- Cost: Adults, $20; Children 10 and under, $10
- For reservations, call 1-888-754-6400
Skiing Easter Bunny & Egg Hunt at Crystal Mountain
Catch him if you can... The Easter Bunny will be shredding up the slopes with pockets full of candy. The Easter Egg hunt will take place at the Alpine Inn starting at 12:30 pm for children 10 and under. Parents, please bring 12 candy-filled eggs to the Alpine Inn by 11 am.
Sunrise Service at Crystal Mountain
Watching the sun rise over the snow-covered peaks of the Cascade Range is breathtaking! Catch an early ride up to the summit for the Sunrise Service and watch beauty unfold during an inter-denominational service.
- Date: Sunday, April 8
- Time: upload the gondola from 5:30am - 6 am sharp (no exceptions)
- Cost: Regular scenic or ski lift + gondola rates apply.
- For more information visit www.crystalmountainresort.com.
Check out last minute lodging deals year-round! Visit the website between Thursday at noon, to Friday at noon, and check out the last minute lodging deals section. Lodging properties offer unsold inventory at a discount of their choice, for the upcoming weekend.
Also, for ideas, deals and more on things to do on the Ashford, Longmire and Paradise side of the mountain, go to www.visitrainier.com.