Update: Chamber Executive Assistant Teresa Luedeke indicated via email Friday, April 1 that the website launch will be delayed until the week of April 11. "Going live with a website takes alot of time and sometimes we have hiccups along the way," she said in her email. Nonetheless, "we are excited to get it up and running, it will be amazing!"
It started in November 2010 as a discussion to upgrade the site to better serve chamber members, and come Friday the chamber will launch its newly renovated website featuring robust, interactive features that will provide an overall better user experience, said executive director Tracey McCallum.
Among the new and improved features are:
- Individual profile pages for all 200+ chamber members to personalize as their own, upload photography, events and direct site traffic to their own business pages.
- The ability for the chamber to highlight individual businesses on the homepage for specials, events or other noteworthy attention.
- A new and robust calendar.
- Easier access to the chamber's social media presence.
- The ability for businesses to purchase advertising on the chamber site.
- The ability to search for members by category.
- A shopping cart that would serve as an online ticketing agent for local events as well as a souvenir store. (not yet ready Friday)
McCallum said the chamber will be ready to train business owners on how to fully optimize the site for their use.
"People are going to get more tourism information about Enumclaw and learn more about the community," she said. "I'm also excited about what it'll do for members. It's a great tool for them and totally worth their membership so we can promote our members and the community better."
Look for the site at http://www.enumclawchamber.com/ to go live Friday.