Many of you are aware that Saturday, November 26 is the 2nd Annual Small Business Saturday, but for those that do not I will provide a brief informational summary.
Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to shopping. More specifically, a day devoted to supporting small businesses by shopping LOCAL. By shopping local, people are contributing not only to the success of their local merchants but to the community as well. By fueling the local economy, community spirit is built and the bond between residents and their hard-working neighbors is strengthened.
By visiting and purchasing local goods and services, we also have a chance to discover or just re-visit some shops and then spread the word of how fabulous these businesses are. Having said this, there are several stores in town who are waiting anxiously for shoppers to arrive, celebrate and spread the community spirit.
Here are just a few downtown Enumclaw merchants that will be open and providing discounts, amazing deals and a welcome smile or two of gratitude:
- (1214 Griffin Avenue) $1.00 off Adams Soaps or Products and 25% off specially marked items
- (1125 Roosevelt Avenue) 25% off or more on reconditioned or freight damaged appliances
- (1708 Cole Street) Close-out on all Christmas cards and 20% off scent-of-the-month Village Candles
- (235 Roosevelt Avenue) Sale on stoves and gas pellet stoves and buy a chainsaw and get a case for an incredible low price of just $19.95
- (1721 Cole Street) Customer appreciation sale with furniture 44-50% off and up to 70% off of clearance items
- (22929 SE 436th Street) 20% on boots, jewelry, horse blankets and some saddles
- (1616 Cole Street) Purchase a $50 gift card and receive $10 store credit or purchase a $25 gift certificate and receive a free drink of choice
- (840 Roosevelt Avenue) Friday night Spotlight Sale continues through to Saturday where extreme deals are to be had on work, sports and outdoor gear and supplies
- (1634 Railroad Street) 10% off all cook books and craft books
- (1523 Cole Street) On-line coupon for 15% off one store item
- (1527 Cole Street) 25% off all store items
This is only a small representation of merchants in Enumclaw but it’s up to everyone to discover all the wonderful deals to be had this Saturday, November 26. It is also important to remember that shopping local is not just a one day event—it is year round and vital for the continuing success of small businesses in Enumclaw and other communities nationwide.
So get plenty of rest the night before, get those shopping shoes ready and hit those stores running. Most importantly, thank those merchants and shop owners for opening and running a business in your town.