It’s Friday and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Enumclaw Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-get-me-outta-here time. Check out our picks for the activities to hit and new establishments to explore.
- Where/When: 7:30 a.m. Sat, Oct 8 at .
- Why Go: Help raise breast cancer awareness this Saturday at Come Walk With Me, a 3.1 walk to support breast health programs at Good Samaritan Hospital. Last there were nearly 600 participants; this year, the goal is 800 participants. Featured activities include motorcycle rides, 5K walk, kids 50 yard dash, bedazzled bra contest, Vendor Village, breakfast show, and all the pink you can handle.
- Cost: $30 for adults and $15 for youths (ages 5-12).
- Where/When: 11 a.m.-midnight on Friday and Saturday; 11 a.m.- 6 p.m. on Sunday at the Puyallup Fairgrounds.
- Why Go: Oktoberfest Northwest offers many attractions and activities that will delight and excite people of all ages. You didn't think it was ALL beer and brats, did you?
- Cost: Free on Friday from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; Regular price ($10) after 3 p.m. on Friday and all day Saturday; Sunday half-price ($5) all day, courtesy of BECU; Children 12 and under free all weekend
- Where/When: 8:30 a.m. Sat, Oct 8 at Mud Mountain Dam.
- Why Go: Get ready to get dirty this Saturday during the Mud Mountain Dam 5K. The race/walk is a scenic course that starts on the road then turns into a dirt trail and with our weather as of late, that trail is sure to get muddy. All participants will receive a shirt and he top 3 finishers in each age category will receive medals.
- Cost: Registration is $30.
- Where/When: 7-9:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at Fort Nisqually Living History Museum.
- Why Go: Take a peek into 1859 during this candlelight tour. These guided walking tours of the fort take place after dark with only the stars, campfires and candles to light the way.
- Cost: Advance tickets required. $10 adults (13 and up); $7 children (4-12).
- Where/When: 5:30-9 p.m. Sat, Oct 8 at in Enumclaw.
- Why Go: Enjoy a scrumptious Spaghetti Buffet complete with salad and bread sticks prepared with love by High Point Village! Come prepared to bid on some fabulous silent and live auction items and don’t forget to save room for dessert! A live dessert auction with amazing sweets will precede the live auction.
- Cost: All proceeds to benefit the incredible work that Plateau Outreach Ministries does for our neighbors in need.
- Where/When: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday at in Gig Harbor.
- Why Go: Scarecrows will take over Homestead Park for PenMet Parks' second annual festival, which features a scarecrow contest, carnival games, hayrides, food and fair treats, live music, a 5K run and even a beer garden. Be sure to stop by the Patch booth to say hi and pick up some free swag.
- Cost: Admission is free.