The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a wind advisory for Monday afternoon.
The advisory is in effect starting 5 p.m. today to 5 a.m. Tuesday morning in Tacoma, Seattle, Bremerton and rest of the Western Washington area.
The southwest winds will increase to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph late this afternoon. Winds will continue into the late night hours.
Weakened trees and falling branches may result in local power outages at times.
Trees that still have some or all of their leaves could heighten the impact of the wind on the trees, according to the National Weather Service.
Here's a 3-day weather forecast for Enumclaw.
- Monday: Rain. High near 63. Southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent.
- Monday Night: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 48. Southwest wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent.
- Tuesday: Showers. High near 53. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
- Tuesday Night: Showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. South southwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 56. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.