Total Calls for the week
- Fire: 2
- Rupture/Explosion: 0
- EMS/Rescue: 24
- Hazardous conditions: 3
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent: 0
- False Call: 2
- Severe Weather: 0
- Other: 0
Total Calls: 32
Incident Of The Week:
Time of Call: 14:21
- A resident in Black Diamond heard an explosion and saw small flames at an outlet in their home. They called 9-1-1 for precautionary measures since the flames were out before they called. When firefighters arrived on scene they noticed that there was discoloration around the outlet and the electrical socket was melted. The firefighters turned the electricity off to the outlet and advised that the resident have it inspected by an electrician.
- Electrical fires are common and can be caused by many reasons such as overloaded sockets, a short, etc. It is important to call 9-1-1 and evacuate the home if necessary. A small fire such as this may be extinguished with a fire extinguisher but it is important to use the correct type of extinguisher and be sure to turn the electricity off at the breaker.
- We will have an open public meeting to talk about the levy.
o March 26, 2013 at 6:30pm (Station 96, 17920 SE 400th, Auburn, WA 98092)
- Visit kcfd44.org for more info about the levy. We update this often and it has a map that shows the levy area, press releases, public meeting information, and several years of financial audits.
- We are looking for people that may be interested in becoming Wildland Firefighters with KCFD 44. Wildland Firefighters are specially trained to wild fires, forest fires, and brush fires. The firefighters will need to be available for local fires but may be able to respond to fires across the state if they would like. The first meeting of the year is 3/25 at 7:00pm at Station 95. The training dates will be given at this meeting. Training usually consists of a few evening classes, and a full weekend for the initial training then drill one evening a month. There is also a physical agility test called a pack test that may be required.
- Must be over 18 years old to be part of this team.
- For more information please visit kcfd44.or, or email Tim Perciful at email@example.com
- Wildland Firefighter Application: http://kcfd44.org/public/swiftwater%20wildland%20app.pdf
- Station 95, 32316 148th Ave SE, Auburn, WA 98092
- 3/25/13 - Wildland Firefighter Meeting (For new and current members) at Station 95, at 7:00 pm.
- 3/26/13 - Open Public Meeting for Levy, March 26, 2013 at 6:30pm (Station 96, 17920 SE 400th, Auburn, WA 98092)