Firefighters fight fires and rescue people in need. But once a year, did you know they also double as Santa's helpers?
That's right - firefighters from local agencies are getting ready to escort Santa around town this month to greet the neighborhood children and collecting food or toys to help those less fortunate.
Here's what we know so far of where Santa will be in the next few weeks.
With Mountain View Fire and Rescue/Black Diamond Fire (KCFD 44), Santa asks children of all ages to fill his bag with non-perishable food, unwrapped toys and new unwrapped clothing for the Auburn and Black Diamond Food Banks.
Saturday, Dec. 8
- 6:15 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. Greenbrier 2 (corner of 234th AVE SE & SE 291 St)
- 7 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Morgan Creek (Gazebo)
- 7:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. Eagle Creek (Eagle Creek Park)
- 8:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. Station 99 (25313 Baker St, Black Diamond)
Sunday, Dec. 9
- 6:15 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. Crest Air Park (Very Merry Christmas House)
- 7 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Remington (The park)
- 7:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. Kentlake Highlands (The main park)
- 8:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. Station 98
Friday, Dec. 14
- 7 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. MIT Presbyterian Church (The parking lot)
- 7:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. Station 96
- 8:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. Station 97 (Tentative)
Saturday, Dec. 15
- 6:15 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. Station 95
- 7 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Highland Meadows (The Frog Pond)
- 7:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. Park Place Mobile (TBD)
- 8:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. Station 92
With Buckley Fire, Santa will be collecting food to be given to the local food bank between 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. each night.
Monday, Dec. 10
Naches St., Second St., Third St., Fourth St., Cascade St., Edith St., Normal St., Fulton St., Hatch St., Meadowbrook MHP, Rosewood Dr., Rosewood Ct., Park Place Manor, Mountain Circle, Fourth Ave, Park Ave, Dundass Ave, Balm Ave, Main St., Mason Ave (west of SR410), Jefferson Ave (west of SR410), Hinkleman, Hinkleman Extension and Wheeler Ave
Tuesday, Dec. 11
112th St., River St. (A St., to Ryan Rd.), Pearl St., Mill St., Perkins St., Division St., Cedar St., Cottage St., Ashley Ct., A St., Jefferson Ave ( SR410 to A St.), Mountainview Ave, Ryan Rd. (River to Spiketon Rd.), Mason Ave (Pearl to A St.) and Spiketon Rd. (Ryan to Mt. View)
Wednesday, Dec. 12
B St., C St., D St., Rainier St. Elsa St., Monte Vista St., Spruce St., Shamrock Ct., Hamilton Ct., Hamilton Pl., Franklin St., Mason Ave (A St. to Spruce St.), Main St. (A St. to Collins Rd.) and Collins Rd. (between Rainier St., and Shamrock Ct.)
Thursday, Dec. 13
Copperwynd, Whitmore Way, Heather Lane, Sergeant St., Mellish Pl., View Pl., Collins Rd. (between Main St. and McNeely St.), McNeely St. and Fieldcrest Pl.
Friday, Dec. 14
Ryan Rd. (Spiketon Rd. to Levesque), Rose Pl., Bevlo St., Sheets St., Klink St., Rainier State School, Shay Estates and anything that Santa has missed along the way!
With Enumclaw Fire, Santa's visiting between Dec. 12 and Dec. 15 (and Dec. 16 if needed due to rain) beginning at 5:30 p.m. each night. He will be collecting donations of new toys for the Enumclaw Toys for Tots 'n Teens program.
Wednesday, Dec. 12: Melody Lane, Mtn. Meadows Mobile Home Park, Pinnacle Estates, Mt Peak Village, and Elk Meadows
Thursday, Dec. 13: The Meadows, Summer St. Estates, Birch Glen, Flensted, Semanski/Farrely, Willowgate Areas
Friday, Dec. 14: Semanski to Division, Montgomery Park, Martin Johnson Park, Kibler Areas
Saturday, Dec. 15: Division to Cole, Porter, MacFarland Park, Chinook Park Apartments, Garret Park Areas