New councilmembers Darrel Dickson and Chance LaFleur, along with re-elected Councilmember Jim Hogan were sworn in Monday night during the first meeting of the Enumclaw City Council this new year.
Council also elected Kevin Mahelona as Mayor Pro Tem and made the following council committee assignments and anticipated meeting dates:
- Community/Economic Development: Chair - Sean Krebs; Dickson and Mike Ennis members (Next meeting: Jan. 17 at 6:30 p.m. at the Stevenson/Yerxa Building)
- Community Services Committee: Chair - Glen Jensen; Dickson and Mahelona members (Next meeting: TBA)
- Expo Committee: Chair - Ennis; Dickson and Jensen members (Next meeting: Feb. 6 at 6 p.m. at the Stevenson/Yerxa Building)
- Finance Committee: Chair - Krebs; Hogan and LaFleur members (Next meeting: TBA)
- Public Safety Committee: Chair - Mahelona; Hogan and LaFleur members (Next meeting: Jan. 17 at 7 p.m. at the police station)
- Public Works Committee: Chair - Hogan; Krebs and LaFleur members (Next meeting: Jan. 23 at 6:30 p.m. in the room behind Council chambers)
- Chamber of Commerce Liaison: Krebs
All meetings, which are open to the public, are subject to change. Check with the city clerk for confirmation at 360-615-5608.
In Other News:
- City Administrator Mike Thomas reported that a Council retreat is being planned for February and he is working with the thin city library staff following the retirement of on the day-to-day operations.
- Jensen asked that the Public Works Committee have a look at what the city options might be following King County's ending recycling services this year.
- Council approved the appointments of Richard Hughes and former City Councilman Rich Elfers to the Library Board and Joan Lewis to the Park Board.
- The Enumclaw Wine and Chocolate Festival takes place Feb. 3 and Feb. 4 at the Expo Center. for more information and to get tickets!