Past Enumclaw School Board President Chris VanHoof, whose term is up this coming December, is not seeking re-election.
VanHoof made that announcement during Tuesday's meeting and encouraged those interested in running for the position to get an early start to get their questions answered about the process and the position. Filing begins in May.
He has served on the board for the last eight years and said he aims to devote more time to other personal responsibilities, including his church. VanHoof currently represents District No. 5 (view the specific boundaries of the area online).
Community Donations - The School Board approved the following donations:
- $1,955 from New Life Foursquare Church (DePoppe Marathon) to the Special Education Program to be used for seven teacher grants and a swim grant
- $3,000 from Black Diamond PTA to Black Diamond Elementary for sound system technology
- $45,000 from the Muckleshoot Tribe to be used for the Native American Program
- $1,680 from the New Life Foursquare Church to be used by the Special Education Program for swimming lessons (payment over six months)
- $600 from the Thunder Mountain Middle School PTSO to Thunder Mountain Middle School for two classroom grants of $300 each
Upcoming Events -
Superintendent Mike Nelson will deliver his State of Education address this Thursday, Jan. 24 beginning at 6 p.m. in the Enumclaw High School Commons Area. A free soup supper is a part of the evening's program.
Various members of the School District have been working on the planning for the sold out Enumclaw Centennial Dinner this upcoming Sunday, Dec. 27.