With private stores getting ready to enter to the liquor business in Washington, the state Liquor Control Board has released a schedule of several-dozen liquor stores that it will close next week.
The list - which covers the last remaining stores operated by the state - includes one location in Enumclaw.
Next Thursday, May 31, the state will close the store at 1040 Stevenson Avenue #B in Enumclaw.
Near Enumclaw, here are the closing dates for other stores:
- Sumner at 980 Alder Avenue closes Monday, May 28
- Auburn at 3930 A Street S.E., STE 301 closes Tuesday, May 29
- Auburn North at 801 Auburn Way N, STE E closes Tuesday, May 29
- Bonney Lake at 19651 State Route 410E closes Wednesday, May 30
- Maple Valley at 26820 Maple Valley Hwy closes Thursday, May 31
Meanwhile, according to The Courier-Herald, the Enumclaw liquor store was to be back on the auction block today after payment fell through from a previous purchase. (Read the article).
The Seattle Times reported on Monday that QFC was blocking new liquor stores in some shopping centers. (Read the article) The existing state liquor store is located in the same complex as QFC in Enumclaw but it's unclear if this is an issue locally.