Summer has arrived in the Pacific Northwest. Just like clockwork, Enumclaw's forecast calls for a week (or more) of unspoiled sun.
So how will you spend it?
Here are a few of our suggestions from our archives (and special weekend events) to enjoy the nice weather:
- Celebrate Coal Mining Heritage in Black Diamond on Saturday, July 7!E vents include a 5-K run, Chalk-In competiton, Historical tours and projects, Beer Garden, Live Music, Barbecue, Chili Cook-off, Fashion Show, Dunk Tank, and a streetful of vendors and crafts. ()
- Outdoor Rock N Roll Party on the Alpine Inn Lawn at Crystal Mountain Resort on Saturday, July 7 beginning at 1 p.m. ()
- Drive through and visit some local farms on the Plateau to pick up fresh produce, flowers and more ().
- Take a hike. Outdoors writer Karen Sykes as numerous suggestions including: , Tiger Mountain, Ranger Creek Trail in Greenwater, Crystal Lakes, and Tolmie Peak. Note that Mowich Road just opened on Friday so there's no telling what the snow conditions are. Check with Mount Rainier National Park for the latest condition updates.
- Stay closer to home and head up or over to .
- Readers picked as the best outdoor dining locale, so pack a picnic and head outside.
- Cool down with a frozen yogurt at newly opened .
- Take a swim at the .
We know this is only a fraction of fun summer events in Enumclaw, so let us in on your summer fun secrets. Add to our events calendar (), or post your ideas in the comment section below.