There was that a lack of financial support might mean no fireworks in Enumclaw this year, but as is the tendency with this town, people stepped up, so the party is happening -- parade and fireworks!
Michelle Larson, recreation manager for the city of Enumclaw and committee chair shared Thursday that among other donations, several businesses and individuals deserved a particularly big thanks:
A very special thank you to our Parade Sponsors ($1,500 level):
- Treat’s Heating & Cooling
- Mutual of Enumclaw
- Rainier View Construction & Roofing
- Puget Sound Energy
And to our Fireworks Sponsor ($2,000 level):
- Helac Corporation
Other hardworking Stars & Stripes committee members:
- Liz Reynolds, City of Enumclaw Mayor and Fireworks Chair
- Kelvin Schipper, Enumclaw Chamber of Commerce and Parade Chair
- Martha Boston, Enumclaw Courier Herald and Advertising Chair
- Joanne Treat, Treat’s Heating & Cooling and Committee Liason
- Tim Robeck from the Park Center Hotel, Sponsorship Chair
- Tracey Prociw of Rainier View Construction & Roofing, Treasurer
On behalf of the committee and the entire community, I would like to thank all of these people who have made this event possible. See you on the 4th in Downtown Enumclaw!
The parade commences at 12 p.m. on Cole Street on Wednesday, July 4. Fireworks begin at 9:45 p.m. at the Expo Center.